All Ohio Wing Personnel,
Below is the latest information update for the upcoming GLR Guided Training Exercise (GTE).
- The following documents have been added to the OHWG Google Documents for information purposes for all participating personnel:
- The OHWG GTE LEAD OPS document will be modified to include all personnel from all wings to accurately show position assignments for all periods. Remember, you can participate in any position regardless if we are the lead for that period in Columbus, IN.
- Here are some points to remember for all participants:
- This exercise is designed for us to learn how to work together and operate better as an integrated organization. Each wing will approach things slightly differently and will not fully understand OHWG's mode of operation, so be patient, flexible and understanding.
- We need to be able to deploy assets in the first operational period (Thursday 26 April 2012). We can launch them from their home base, but we have to be prepared to support Columbus, IN as they go operational Thursday. Ultimately, we need to be able to deploy assets each operational period from Thursday to Sunday.
- For those participating in Columbus, IN - please sign up for staff positions that you can support during off-shift periods. Trust me, when you are the lead, you are going to want the support from others.
- Process will change and evolve over the weekend as we learn from the mission and figure out how to do things better. Please work with us, even though this can be very frustrating as things change.
- Everyone must submit a CAPF-60 (see attachment) prior to the mission to Col. Robert Koob, KYWG Commander, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Everyone must ensure they have a sortie in WIMRS before their trip to and from mission base or the FOB. You can enter this information yourself, or forward all pertinent information to Lt.Col. Marilyn Shanks via email: email@example.com.
- Photo missions will be an important part of both ground and air sorties. It is critical we process these with a strong sense of urgency so we can get this into the hands of our customers.
For all those participating, I want to personally thank you for your help, valuable time, and your service.
Paul E. Bronsdon, Major, CAP
Director of Emergency Services and Government Relations Advisor
Ohio Wing, Civil Air Patrol