Ohio Wing Fall 2017 Professional Development Weekend
The 2017 Ohio Wing Fall PDO Weekend will be held at the Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, Ohio on 21-22 October.
Registration is now open for the 2017 Ohio Wing Fall PDO and Training weekend. Please review the FAQ’s below for details about the event. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact Maj. Kevin Ryan.
Registration Link: https://ohio2017fallpdo.eventbrite.com
Below is a list of the courses that we are offering:
- Squadron Leadership School (Saturday and Sunday)
- Unit Commanders Course (Saturday and Sunday)
- Corporate Learning Course (Saturday and Sunday)
- Training Leaders of Cadets Basic (Saturday only)
- Training Leaders of Cadets Intermediate (Saturday only)
- Cadet Training Course (Saturday only)
- Cadet Cybersecurity Principles Course (One day class presented on Saturday and Sunday)
- Airborne Photography (Saturday only)
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register?
Please keep in mind that everyone attending the event must register through the site (see link above). This is necessary to collect the information needed for WPAFB base access. To start the registration process, click the green button labeled “Registration” at the top right of this section of the web page. You will select your course or register as a staff member or visitor and then “Checkout” to complete payment (if applicable) and registration information.
What is the deadline for registering?
You must register as either a student, staff member or visitor by no later than 15 October at 2359 EDT. A finalized list of attendees must be submitted to base security by 16 October so there will be no late online registration or day-of registration.
What is the Uniform of the Day for the weekend?
Uniform of the day will be ABU/BDU/Corporate Working Uniform. Flight suits are authorized only for those members flying to the event.
Do I need to submit a CAPF 17?
No, However, please ensure that you notify your commander of your intent to attend training and verify that you have met the requirements of the course you are taking. Commanders, please insure that your people attending the PDO Weekend for classes have all the pre-requisites needed to attend. We don’t want to see someone attend a class for the weekend and then not get credit for it.
Who are the course directors?
- Squadron Leadership School: SFO David Fairbairn
- Corporate Learning Course: Major Scott Glenn
- Unit Commanders Course: Major John Jackson
- Training Leaders of Cadets Basic: Major Linda Poland
- Training Leaders of Cadets Intermediate: Major Tom Rehman
- Cadet Training Course: C/Maj Regina Lough and C/Capt Jacob Hennell
- Cadet Cybersecurity Principles Course: Lt. Col. Paul Creed
- Airborne Photography: Capt. Jeff Glover
I’d like to direct or teach a course. Who do I contact about this?
If you would like to direct one of the courses or be an instructor, please contact Major Kevin Ryan through the contact form link near the bottom of this page. You may also reach out to the course director to express your interest in instructing.
Do any of the classes require pre-course online work?
Yes, both the Unit Commanders Course and Training Leaders of Cadets – Basic have web modules that need to be completed prior to attending the in-person class. Please contact your course director for further details.
Where can I stay while attending the PDO Weekend?
There are a number of hotels in the immediate area. The link below provides a good list of hotels in the area and a map of their locations. When booking, be sure to select the government rate and present your CAP ID when checking in to your room.
Will meals be provided?
Yes, lunch will be provided on Saturday and Sunday. If you have specific dietary requirements, please contact Major Ryan.
Will refreshments be provided?
Coffee, tea and water will be available throughout the weekend.